After a week of nothing but gray weather, I was very happy to see the sun peeking over the horizon this morning. It’s at best only partly sunny but headed for a high temperature of 64, so it’s an improvement that I will appreciate.
I have a small order from the fiber mill that I think I will take advantage of the break in the weather to dye up this morning. Here’s my samples I worked up first since I was not sure what I was going to use to achieve maroon and mossy green on this very dark fleece. The bottom is the original color. This was the darkest colors I could get. I have them in the pot now.
If you recall in my last post I needed to knit the right front of the sweater, which I did. I started the collar/button bands yesterday. I have knit almost half of it not so a finished sweater is very near. I just have to set in the sleeves and sew up the side seams. I guess I had better make a trip to Joann’s today for buttons. :-)
Oh and here’s the current status of my gloves. I ripped out and cast on with fewer stitches and also went down from the 2.5mm needles to 2.25mm ones. I am currently second guessing the needle change. Sigh.