I saw this on NothingButKnit blog yesterday and thought it would be fun to play along.
Feel free to answer in the comments or if you’re answering on your blog leave a link so we can all read about your opinions on color and how it pertains to your crafting.
- What is your favorite color? How is this color reflected in your crafting?
- Do you prefer bright colors or more subdued shades?
- Does your color mood shift with the seasons? Do you carry one color all year and just change the accent color?
- Is there a color you avoid? Or maybe it’s underrepresented in your crafting?
- When you pick out your crafting supplies how important is color to you? Is it the first thing you consider or is it a bit further down the list?
- Do you ever consciously choose a different color palette just for the change?
Here are my answers.
- Greens, purples and blues, pretty much in that order. These are the colors I gravitate towards. I have a few dislikes in there like hunter green, and I prefer blue purples to red ones.
- I definitely prefer more muted subdued colors which is obvious to anyone when you look at my color palette of my hand dyed yarns. I just can’t resist mixing colors that are reflected in the natural realm.
- Oddly the only change in my color mood as far as seasons go is that I tend to change my Windows theme color on my laptop. 😆
- I don’t use pinks much, but do occasionally like a deep red. Same with oranges and yellows. I prefer those colors to be earthy if I use them.
- I guess I tend to have a color I want to knit with and pick a project based on that. I find color pretty high on the list of consideration. Of course it also depends on whether what I am making is a shop sample or for myself or a gift. Color matters alot.
- No. As long as I like the color it’s fine. I don’t need change since I am easily entertained.
Speaking of color, here’s a little something I dyed up for myself yesterday. I have that sweater idea brewing in my head and this will be what I use for it.
This is a sport weight 75%yak/25%bamboo blend that I bought back before the crap hit the fan. It feels so wonderful and I can’t wait to start working on this. I may have to swatch with it soon. :-) i am trying to stay on target with my other projects though.
I am finished with the first sock and cast on for the second.
On the afghan reknit project I have made six hexagons.