I have made some progress on Kassiani since my last post. I am in the final sections now and while the rows are almost at their largest, it is going pretty quickly. I am hoping to have it finished and blocked in time for Stitches Midwest in a few weeks.
I have am cooking up a new design based on a stitch pattern I saw online somewhere. I can’t remember where I saw it, probably Facebook or Instagram, but I saved the picture and began looking through my stitch dictionaries for it. I never came across it so I decided to try and re-create it just by looking at the picture and knitting it as best I could. I surprised myself by finding I could do it, and charted it as I went. Here is the resulting swatch and my hand written charts which I will use to make a digital chart later.
I swatched it in my Organic Cotton Sport weight yarn because I am thinking to do a baby blanket and I may even do a sweater set to go with it. More on that later. I am trying to finish Kassiani before I start this new project.
Okay that’s all I have time for right now. I have a big to-do-list today including delivering an order of dyed fiber to the mill today that I did last week.