One Down, One to Go

I have finished with the test knit shawl.

This is how it looked before a soak and block.

Kristi used one color for the garter sections and one color for the lace sections. I had lots of remnant skeins I wanted to use up so that is why mine uses five colors. You may recognize that color in the bottom lace border from my Vindage Diamonds Cardigan. You may also notice that I reused the orange at the very bottom edge and the bind off. I like the effect actually and I wish I could claim it was the plan all along but I would be lying. When I was down to the last 4 rows/2 garter ridges I had 2g of the Graphite left. No way that would have made it. Since I had 24g left of the Paprika that seemed like an easy solution and I think it works well. Easier than dyeing more Graphite or going into a full skein.

I’ll have some better pictures later of how it turned out after I took it off the blocking pins. I’ll also link you to the pattern later. Kristi is still waiting on a few other test knitters to report before publishing. Same here on mine. I have cast on for the small size of my design and will show you that next time.

Curio

Over the last week I finished knitting my Curio sweater.

I finished it on Monday night and blocked it yesterday.

I am very pleased with the fit. I love this yarn too. It’s so silky and has a little drape. It is the perfect weight for me right now to wear around the house if there’s a bit of chill in the air. I overheat easy these days and this is just right for light warmth without being too much.

I already have been wearing it even though I haven’t got any buttons for it yet. I think I will be living in this sweater alot this winter and even into the spring. :-)

A little side knitting

I finished that first fingerless mitt and dutifully cast on for it’s mate. But then I got diverted with a little side project.

Two years ago I designed my Cables and Lace blanket. I knit the original with my Organic Cotton Sport yarn.

I have always intended to make another booth sample using my Classic Merino Superwash Sport. Since I have a few remnant balls of this hanging around, I got the idea to just make a big swatch to show it in this yarn rather than a full size one.

I will probably do one more repeat of the lace then the top border and call it good. It only took a few hours to get this much done so if I get to do any knitting today I should have it done soon. Then it will be back to the second mitt.

Have a good weekend and see you soon 😊.

It was a close one

I won at yarn chicken but it was definitely a close one. I had just 5g left of that 4th skein of yarn.

I took a quick picture before I put it in cool water and shampoo for a soak. It was looking pretty small so I measured the unblocked size. It was about 34″×36″.

After a spin in the washing machine I pinned it out as much as I could. I might have been able to stretch it a bit more but didn’t have much more room. This and the unblocked picture are on our king size bed.

As you can probably tell it’s quite a bit larger. It measures about 54″×60″ while still pinned out. That’s some impressive expansion don’t you think? I found the T-pins more effective for this than the Knit Blockers.

I am working on the pattern revision and will post beauty shots of the shawl when I have the pattern ready.

Holbrook and YarnCon

I will get to Holbrook in a minute but first I want to catch you up since last post. I had a great show in Raleigh and drove home on Sunday. I did some house cleaning on Monday morning and then proceeded to get a relapse of the flu I had before I left home for Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago. Sigh. I spent most of that week home laid up with a fever and cough so the Holbrook I finished is just now getting blocked. I didn’t do any knitting even while I was sick but have gotten some progress done on Kimani this week. That’s it above. I really do like it in this color!

Okay, so here’s the blocking picture of Holbrook. This one shows the color surprisingly better than the ones I took outside today. This one on the blocking tiles was taken in my room last night with poor lighting. I guess the new Galaxy S10+ lives up to the camera reviews.

These however are a little washed out on the color. I was in a hurry I guess since I had a few other tasks to get to this morning.

This one will be with me in Chicago this weekend for YarnCon. I am excited to be able to return this year after missing it last year. I will be on the new vendor area on the Ground Floor near the Dark Matter coffee bar. Hope to see you there!